No, this is not a wedding cake if that’s what you’re thinking. But to break tradition, why bake a one layered cake when you can have three? Be creative and bring your architect skills to the table!
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
food coloring (three colors of your liking)
4 1/2 cups of icing
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or grease the cake pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
3. Crack in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
4. Then add in the flour, vanilla, baking powder and milk. Be careful not to over-mix.
5. Divide the cake batter equally into three and bake the first layer for about 13 minutes.
6. While the cake is baking, split the icing into three bowls, 1 1/2 cups each. (You can make four as shown below if you want even more colors on your cake). Mix the icing into the colors of your choosing.
7. After the first layer of the cake is done, lay it aside to cool and bake the second layer. When the first layer has cooled down, ice the entire top and sides of the circle.
8. Repeat process for the second and third layer. You can choose to ice the entire cake on the outside in one color after the three layers are stacked.
Contact Sunny Tsai at [email protected].