Picks of the week: The great indoors

Despite what the multitude of jet-skiing and hiking pictures on Facebook might suggest, there indeed exists a group of us who prefer to stay inside. There’s AC, automatic immunity from sunburns and, most importantly, reliable WiFi. However, if you’ve already gone through all of the best museums and bookstores that the Bay Area has to offer, it’s tempting to hit the default option and stay home. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with this week’s special events that’ll let you explore while still enjoying the great indoors.

Monday to Friday: “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change”

If you’ve exhausted all the rom-coms on Netflix, check out theTRIBE Productions’ re-imagining of this musical comedy. “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change” is comprised of musical vignettes that all have to do with you guessed it love. Relatable stories of first dates, in-laws and child-rearing will keep you laughing, and cringing, in your seats. Get tickets half-off with the code “LOCAL.”  

Thursday: Jonathan Richman at the Starline Social Club

Looking to impress a date with your emotional, passionate side? Take your better half to see proto-punk pioneer Jonathan Richman (also known for fronting the Modern Lovers) at the intimate Starline Social Club. Richman’s minimalist songs, childlike lyrics and sense of humor will make for a memorable summer evening as you woo your crush.

Saturday: “Westworld” and “Futureworld” Double Feature at Roxie Theater

It’ll be another few months before HBO’s upcoming series “Westworld” debuts, so catch a screening of the 1973 sci-fi western film that inspired it at Roxie Theater. Like “Jurassic Park,” “Westworld” takes us to an intense and futuristic theme park. But instead of genetically recreated dinosaurs, Westworld’s main attraction is the android cast members, and chaos ensues when the robots act up. After “Westworld,” you can stay for the double feature and watch its space-themed sequel “Futureworld.”

Saturday and Sunday: Treasure Island Flea Market

OK, this one requires you to step outside. But imagine how sweet that ‘70s coffee table will look while you’re relaxing in the comfort of your living room. Whether you’re looking for one-of-a-kind room decor or hunting for vintage pins, flex your bargaining skills at the Treasure Island Flea Market. After leisurely perusing through all of the booths, enjoy grub from a fleet of gourmet food trucks and check out the live music on the lawn. Entry is only $3, and the flea market comes for only one weekend a month, so cap your July off with some nifty steals.

Contact Adrienne Lee at [email protected].