Playlist to get you pumped for fall semester

Alexandre Bui/File
PC: Alexandre Bui (www.alexandrebui.com)

With the fall semester quickly approaching and the last weeks of summer winding down, we at the Clog thought that we would create a playlist to get you feeling excited for the semester to come. Because many people listen to their music through Spotify, we thought we’d only pick songs that are available on it (and FYI student subscriptions are only $5 a month!). So sit back, relax and enjoy some hits that will get you in the back-to-school mood.

“Work” by Rihanna feat. Drake

Even though we know working isn’t necessarily the most exciting part of college, this song will get you pumped to get back on your school grind — because we know that’s exactly what Rihanna was intending with her catchy chorus.

“Celebration” by Kool & The Gang

This throwback hit is guaranteed to bring a smile straight to your face. And yes, you should be pumped ’cause college is a “celebration to last throughout the years.”

“California Dreamin'” by Freischwimmer (Calvo Remix)

This remix of an old-time favorite is bound to get you excited for your semester ahead at the University of California. Are you an out-of-state student just counting down the days till you’re back on the “best coast?” Well listen to this song — it’ll get you pumped.

“Let’s Get It Started” by the Black Eyed Peas

Let’s get the semester started with “Let’s Get It Started” because, why not? This fun song will be sure to get you up and dancing.

“All Night” by Chance The Rapper

This is a fun song that should get you super pumped for the fall because Chance The Rapper is going to be playing at the Greek Theatre on Oct. 22! So whether or not you have tickets to see his show, chances are everyone will be playing his songs next semester.

“Fight for California”

We couldn’t leave this one out. What better way to get amped up for game days in the fall than by listening to UC Berkeley’s fight song? So if you’re craving some school spirit, play this one; you’ll definitely be excited for football season.

“Hold On, We’re Going Home” by Drake feat. Majid Jordan

It seems that many of us have begun referring to Berkeley as home. As Drake once said, “just hold on” (a few more weeks), “we’re going home.”

“Save Me, San Francisco” by Train

Are you missing those weekend trips you and your friends used to take to San Francisco? Well put this song on and you’ll be aching to be back in SF. Who wouldn’t miss the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown and the pier?

“House Party” by Sam Hunt

I mean, we figured that we should include a song about partying because we know one can only do so much studying. We Berkeley students pride ourselves in the “work hard, play hard” mentality, so this song should get you pumped for all your non-academic adventures this semester.

We hope you enjoy these fun songs and wish you a great fall semester to come!

Contact Allison David at [email protected].