Craving Pad Thai, but don’t want to venture out to one of the many great spots in Berkeley? Look no further than this tofu pad thai recipe, featuring some yummy Trader Joe’s ingredients. This take on the traditional noodle street dish will serve four.
What you’ll need:
1 box Pad Thai rice noodles
1 package firm tofu, cubed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, chopped
2 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Soyaki
3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Satay Peanut Sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha
2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
What you’ll do:
- Prepare the Pad Thai noodles according to the instructions on the packaging and set aside.
- Beat the three eggs, then heat some vegetable oil in a medium-sized pan. Cook the eggs until they set, about one minute, and set aside.
- Heat more vegetable oil in the same medium-sized pan. Pat down the tofu cubes with paper towels and cook until they are golden brown, about five minutes on each side. Set the cubes aside.
- Add more oil to your pan,and then begin to sweat out the red onions with salt, about five minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and carrots and cook until tender, about four minutes.
- Add the Soyaki sauce and garlic powder and continue to cook for two minutes. Set the vegetables aside.
- Heat more vegetable oil in the pad. Cook the noodles in the pan with the peanut sauce for about two minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, tofu, vegetables and noodles together.
- Stir in the Sriracha and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lime slices.