With the start of the new semester right around the corner, many of us are yearning for that beach body we never quite achieved over the summer. If the allure of ice cream and tropical drinks were stronger than that of the gym this summer, have no fear. The Clog is here with a great quinoa salad recipe that you can make Sunday night and keep for lunches and dinners throughout the week. While this salad might not give you abs, it requires minimal sweat and will keep you full and filled with protein for hours.
What you need:
1 package quinoa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 package cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Measure out one cup of quinoa and pour it into a fine colander. Rinse, strain and put the quinoa into a pot with two cups of water. Cook everything for 10 to 15 minutes. Always be sure to rinse the quinoa off before cooking it to avoid a bitter taste.
- While the quinoa cooks, wash and slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Dice the onion, trying as hard as you can not to cry.
- Open the cans of beans and corn, adding them to a big bowl.
- Add in the tomatoes and onions.
- Drain the quinoa and add it to the bowl.
- Slice your lime into fourths and squeeze the juice of 3/4 of the lime onto the salad.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and mix the ingredients together.
- Add salt, pepper, more lime and olive oil to taste.
- Garnish with feta cheese.
Contact Rachel Feder at [email protected].