Looking to cut down on your meat consumption? Try this delicious seafood dish: seared ahi tuna. Packed full of protein, this delicious fish will keep you energized and give you the boost you need to get through even the busiest of days. Put it in sandwiches, use it to top salads, eat it by itself — whatever you do, this pink pescatarian dish is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eater’s tastebuds.
What you’ll need:
1 pound ahi tuna steak
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Handful of dried cilantro
2 tablespoons red palm oil (if you can’t find palm oil or don’t want to buy it just for this, olive oil will do fine here)
2 tablespoons olive oil
What you’ll do:
1. Rinse tuna steak under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Add garlic powder, crushed red chili, onion powder, salt and cilantro into a small bowl and mix.
3. Put red palm oil (or olive oil) all over tuna steak, working it into the steak with your hands.
4. Sprinkle herb and spice mixture all over the fish. Place seasoned fish into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Heat a skillet on medium-high. Add olive oil and heat for about another minute. Add tuna to skillet. Sear for three to six minutes on both sides. How rare you want your tuna is all up to you, so adjust the time depending on your taste.
6. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].