If you’re looking for a healthy and easy meal to make, with plenty of leftovers to last you through the week, then you’ve stumbled upon the perfect recipe. Using only two pots and a lot of veggies, this meal is the perfect go-to dinner or lunch. Impress your friends with this colorful dish that’s sure to leave you feeling full. Though the dish is vegetarian, meat can be added to the side. But the quinoa and white beans provide a healthy serving of protein.
What you’ll need:
1 can white beans
1 package heirloom cherry tomatoes
1 bag crimini mushrooms
1 package ready-to-use peas
1 cup multicolored quinoa
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
salt, pepper, oregano, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Rinse and strain quinoa.
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to pan and bring to boil.
- After water starts to boil, bring down to simmer and cover pot.
- While quinoa cooks, slice mushrooms and cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Heat peas in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pour olive oil and minced garlic into saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, peas, tomatoes and beans to pan.
- Sauté for about 15 minutes or until vegetables start to look like sauce in the pan.
- After about 10 minutes, quinoa should be done. When most of the water has been absorbed, drain quinoa and pour into pan with vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to taste.
Rachel Feder is the blog editor. Contact Rachel Feder at [email protected].