Eatsa: food made by robots?

Jihoon Park/File

A few weeks ago, a groovy new food place opened up on Telegraph Avenue, right where Crepes-A-Go-Go used to be: Eatsa. Eatsa is an automat that specializes in serving customized quinoa bowls. No cash is accepted (only card). Whether you’re craving a kale salad, a burrito bowl or healthier Indian food, this hip new restaurant is sure to satisfy your tastebuds. The service is so fast that you won’t be late to your 2 p.m. Computer Science 70 discussion that is all the way on the other side of campus. All bowls are $6.95 (but get higher in price if you choose to add more ingredients), so you can have a delicious and nutritious meal without paying an arm and a leg. All options are plant-based, but there’s still plenty of protein in each bowl.

Not sure what to get? Don’t worry — we’ve got you. Eating Berkeley decided to go try a few of their most popular combos. Here are some of our favorites:

Burrito Bowl

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

Ingredients: Guacamole, salsa fresca, queso Mexicano, asada portabello, grilled corn, warm lemon-herb toasted quinoa, tortilla chips, seasoned pinto beans

This is one of our personal favorites. It’s your classic burrito bowl with everything you’d expect it to have, and the quinoa taking the place of rice makes it even healthier for you. The asada portobello takes the place of meat with its texture and seasoning.

Spice Market Bowl

FullSizeRender-3

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

Ingredients: Corn curry, roasted yams, saag paneer, cucumber raita, tandoori tofu, warm lemon-herb toasted quinoa, pita bread, fried chickpeas

The first time we tried this bowl. We were satisfied, but a few substitutions made it taste even better. Instead of tandoori tofu, we decided to add in asada portobello, because eating the tofu felt like chewing on a rubbery block of nothing. We also substituted goat cheese in for the saag paneer, as the taste of the paneer did not complement the bowl as well as it could have. The wafting aroma unleashed upon taking the lid off of this bowl will truly make you feel as if you’re walking through a spice market in India.

Chili con Quinoa

Ingredients: White cheddar, tomato, chili, green onion, warm lemon-herb toasted quinoa, tortilla chips

This bowl is especially perfect for the cold north Californian weather. The warm chili goes well with the toasted quinoa. Homesick? No worries — this bowl will remind you of Mom’s good old stuff.

Next time you’re hungry and in a rush to class, head over to Eatsa. You won’t be disappointed.

Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].