Summer may be a thing of the past, but the summer staple of smoothies certainly isn’t. With the weather reaching the mid-80s this weekend, stay cool with this tart and creamy drink that’s sure to keep you refreshed. Plus, midterms are just around the corner and a raspberry orange smoothie is a great pick-me-up in the middle of a gruelling study sesh. Somehow still midterm-free? Add a splash of rum for a boozy-yet-sophisticated addition to your next brunch party.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup coconut milk
Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon condensed milk or sugar
1 cup frozen raspberries
What you’ll do:
- Dissolve the condensed milk in the coconut milk. If you are substituting with dairy milk, make sure to chill the mixture before adding the orange juice to prevent curdling.
- While stirring vigorously, add in the freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Next, add the frozen raspberries in a blender and pour in the orange milk.
- Blend everything until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- (Optional) Strain your liquid to get rid of any raspberry seeds for a smoother consistency.
Contact Angeline Nguyen at [email protected].