Quiz: Should you pass no pass your class?

Michael Drummond/File

The deadline to pass no pass a class is Oct. 28, and that means you still have a few more weeks to decide whether or not you’re going to P/NP any of your classes. You’ve been deliberating whether or not you should change that one class that has been in question all semester and have yet to come to a conclusion. While this can be a stressful process, we at the Clog have devised a quiz to help guide you to a clear answer.

1. Does the thought of talking to your professor make you break out in hives instantaneously?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  2. Do your assigned readings make you curl up into fetal position?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  3. Does your GSI’s piercing stare strike fear into you each time you come into class late?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  4. Are you put to sleep by the lulling voice of your professor during lecture?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  5. Have you had repetitious dreams about failing your midterm and being ridiculed by all your classmates?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  6. Have you been able to solve the California drought with the copious amounts of tears you’ve shed during your class?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  7. Have you looked at Facebook more than at the essay prompt that you were given two weeks ago (and is due tomorrow)?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  8. Are you taking this quiz to actually figure out if you should take your class pass or no pass?
    1. Yes
    2. No
    1. Obviously, your class hasn’t been working out and it doesn’t look like its going to get any better. You’ve been bogged down by work, bored lifeless by lectures and cried at every iClicker question. It seems best to cut your ties and move it into the P/NP zone. It’s best for the both of you.
    2. You and your class appear to have hope! Hold out for that grade and get to know the material. You may find that, once you pull yourself away from social media and study a few sections, the subject is surprisingly interesting.

Contact Kirsty Fowler at [email protected].