Two attempted robberies occur Tuesday night

Dapree Doyle/File

Two attempted robberies occurred Tuesday night, according to UCPD spokesperson Sgt. Sabrina Reich.

One attempted robbery occurred on the east side of O’Brien Hall on Tuesday at 7:57 p.m., Reich said.

Two unaffiliated male victims were approached by the two male suspects, who told the victims to give them all of their property, according to a Nixle alert. The alert stated that the victims refused and the suspects then began hitting them.

The victims then fled the scene, heading southbound, and notified the police via a Blue Light emergency phone. One of the victims was transported to a local hospital and the other had minor injuries that did not require medical attention, according to the alert.

The alert said the first suspect was described as a 6-foot-1 white male weighing 190 pounds with short light brown hair and a short beard, wearing a red plaid shirt and jeans. The other suspect was described as a 6-foot-1 white male weighing 200 pounds with short blond hair and a full beard, wearing a blue plaid long sleeve shirt.

According to Reich, an additional attempted robbery occurred on Sather Lane and Bancroft Way at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Check back for updates.

Pressly Pratt is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @presslypratt.