Cinnamon sugar French toast sticks

Shuffling through the door half-ready with a granola bar in hand is a scene too many of us know. Being a student is taxing, and often calls for late nights. I know that making breakfast is the farthest thing from my mind when I’m tucked in bed for those extra couple of minutes, mentally preparing myself that I’m probably going to have to sprint to campus to make it for my morning classes, yet again. A consequence of this is that I don’t get my breakfast food fix. But who said breakfast food can only be eaten at breakfast? After making these French toast sticks, you’ll find that eating breakfast food, when it’s not quite breakfast time, is one of the most amazing things in the world.

Ingredients:

3 large eggs

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

1 tablespoon sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 tablespoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon butter

4 slices white bread

Mix together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl until all of the contents are completely blended.

Take your white bread and cut it into strips of ¾ of an inch to 1 inch wide.

Set your stove on medium high and add your butter. Wait until the butter is thoroughly melted before you start to add your french toast sticks. You will want to dip the bread strips one by one into the contents of the large bowl before placing them in the pan to prevent the bread strips from getting soggy and falling apart.

Let the French toast sticks cook in the pan for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Add more butter in your pan as you make more French toast sticks so that they don’t stick to the pan. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn. Though these French toast sticks are sweet by themselves, I would definitely recommend dipping them in some maple syrup. Enjoy!

Contact Chelsea Song at [email protected].