Peaches and cream overnight oats

Chelsea Song/Staff

It’s absolutely essential to take care of our bodies and minds, especially as midterms seem to never end and finals are right around the corner. A simple way to do this is to remember to eat breakfast in the morning. I know what you’re thinking — when do we have the time? Make this peaches and cream overnight oats recipe Sunday night and have breakfast ready to go for half the week. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make, and the airtight container it’s held in keeps the yogurt and fruit fresh for up to four days. It’s not often you find a recipe as healthy, efficient, cheap and lasting as this delish breakfast food.

Ingredients

¾ cup Chobani Greek Yogurt

7-ounce peach cup

1/3 cup rolled oats

Honey (to taste)

1 pint mason jar or any small container with a lid

Take a clean Mason jar or sealable container and add 3/8 cup of Greek yogurt. Make sure this layer is evenly distributed! Drizzle honey to taste for a little sweetness on top of the yogurt. Next, drain the peach cup, but leave a tiny bit of syrup at the bottom. Once you’ve done this, layer half the peaches. Add 1/6 cup of rolled oats on top of the peaches and add half the remaining syrup from the fruit cup to the rolled oats so that they soak up moisture overnight. Repeat these layers another time.

Seal the jar tightly and refrigerate overnight! Get pumped to wake up the next four mornings with breakfast to go!

Contact Chelsea Song at [email protected].