Baked pasta

Chelsea Song/Staff

Deep inside, all of us want to be able to host that bad and boujee dinner party. But, we run into several problems: 1) we’re broke 2) we don’t know how to function in the kitchen and 3) we don’t have the time. Not to worry though, this cheap, easy and quick pasta recipe is the perfect remedy for these problems. This fun dish will make it so that even though you got 99 problems, baked pasta ain’t one. Get ready to impress your guests with this perfect entrée.

Ingredients

Serves six

1 lb. penne pasta

1 lbs. ground beef

1 32-ounce jar of marinara pasta sauce

8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

1 tablespoon olive oil

Salt (to taste)

Pepper (to taste)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is getting nice and toasty, take a large pot and fill 3/4 of it with water. Heat the pot on the stove on high until the water starts to boil. Add the whole box of pasta and add a dash of salt. Let it sit on the heat for about 15 minutes. Remember to stir the pot every couple of minutes so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot! When the pasta is ready, drain all the water out of the pot. If you don’t want your pasta to be too dry after baking, stir in 16 ounces of alfredo sauce into the pasta over low heat for about 2 minutes.

While your pasta is cooking, turn your stove on to medium-high and pour olive oil into a large pan. Spread the olive oil all over the pan and add your ground beef. Keep stirring the meat until your ground beef is cooked all the way through.  Add salt and pepper to taste, stir the ground beef one last time, and turn the heat to low.

After the meat has cooked through, mix in the marinara pasta sauce. Let the meat sauce simmer for about two minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a large Pyrex baking dish, or any oven-safe dish, start to layer your pasta, sauce, and cheese. Layer half your pasta at the bottom of the dish. Your second layer should be half of the meat sauce. After the layer of sauce, layer half the bag of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers another time and use the remainder of your ingredients. Make sure to layer evenly so that each bite has a good distribution of pasta, sauce and cheese!

Cover your baking dish with aluminum foil and stick it in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes. When ready, the mozzarella should be golden brown and bubbly on top. When this golden brown is achieved, sit down and enjoy!

Contact Chelsea Song at [email protected].