Spring break is a time for sun, fun, relaxation and, of course, bad ideas. Here at the Clog, we’ve had our fair share of bad ideas, and we all want to come together to bring you the worst of the worst. Don’t try these at home.
- Go river rafting on a level 5 river: It’s always a good time until someone falls off of the raft and gets hurt. Rafting with inexperienced (or drunk) people is never a good idea.
- Hook up with every guy or gal on Tinder: Only because of the STD risk would I advise you against this. Otherwise, you do you.
- Not putting on sunscreen in order to get a tan: This is an obviously bad idea. When has someone ever gotten a good tan from avoiding sunscreen? Also, serious sunburns are truly the worst, so try to avoid them at all costs.
- See how much can you really drink before passing out: This is a good way to learn how much liquor you can actually handle. It is kind of pointless and will make you feel shitty the day after, but that’s what makes it a bad idea.
- See how much homework can you not do while still getting away with it: Try to definitively answer the question: “To what extent can I procrastinate and still get all of my work done?”
- Challenge yourself to see how much of your money you can spend: Are there any cute clothes? Get them. Expensive restaurants? Definitely treat your friends and yourself to all of them.
- Get a drunken tattoo: Nothing’s better than getting a drunken tattoo over break and then regretting it for the rest of your life.
- Go on a poorly planned road trip: Road trips are literally the worst. Everyone is cramped in one car, and something sketchy happens every time. Either the car runs out of gas or your group has to unwillingly stay at a gross motel. This one’s a firm no from the Clog.
There you have it, the absolute worst situations to get yourself into over spring break. We hope you’ve read this list not as advice, but as cautionary statements. We at the Clog hope you have a fantastic spring vacay, but try not to test your limits to the extreme.