Best ways to relax after finals

Franchesca Spektor/File

After a stressful semester, it’s important to reward yourself. So, if you’ve spent so much time studying that you forgot how to relax and if all you want to do is vegetate (something you probably deserve after a long semester), we’ve got your guide.

Tan on the glade or on the grass by Memorial Stadium

Soaking up some sun in preparation for summer is essential – and relaxing. Bring some tanning lotion and a towel to your last final and lay out directly afterward.

Soak up the beauty of Muir Woods

Muir Woods has a rare picturesque beauty that’ll bring you back to nature after the stress of school and finals. If you’re feeling active, hike one of the numerous trails in Muir Valley.

Binge-watch Netflix

Ah, a college student’s favorite pastime. Whether it’s catching up on a season of your favorite show or starting a new one, there’s almost no better way to reward yourself.

Catch up on your ZZZs

You might want to challenge yourself to see how long you can sleep. 13 hours, maybe 15? It’s probably a good idea to make up for that sleep debt you’ve accumulated.

Take a long bath

Studying for finals kills your body and soul – baths are for relaxing your body and soul. It’s a great way to detox after an intense couple of weeks.

Meditate

Meditation is a relaxation technique espoused by the likes of Oprah, Jerry Seinfeld and LeBron James. If it works for the greats, it’ll probably work for you too.

Finals season is rough, but starting summer off right by relaxing to the best of your ability is truly a glorious thing. We at the Clog hope you have a great (and relaxing) summer.

Contact Melany Dillon at [email protected].