UC Berkeley bucket list

Julie Liu/File

For whatever reason, lately we Cloggers have been reflecting on our last year at UC Berkeley. This past year went by so fast – we’re definitely not alone in wondering where exactly the time went, and if we’ve done enough memorable stuff along the way. How could we be sure to make some crazy memories before our time here ends? The only logical answer seems to be: make a bucket list. Below are some college bucket list ideas that both the daring and not-so-daring among us should try.

Show up to class in a onesie

Onesies are insanely comfortable and because they’re not usually worn in public, wearing it while walking to and from class will be liberating. You’ll be a #badass and will look pretty cool doing it.

Streak

Streaking is an ancient college pastime that sounds simultaneously terrifying and freeing. To make it easier, maybe try doing it during dead week in Moffitt Library with a bunch of friends. The more the merrier.

Protest something

This school is known for its protests, so if you don’t involve yourself in at least one you’re completely missing out.

Throw a huge party

Going to college parties is one thing, but actually throwing one is called stepping up your game.

Pregame during a class

If you’re like most of us, you weren’t going to pay attention anyways. What’s the harm in making things just a little more interesting?

Win a game of beer pong

Let your inner competitiveness take over and actually win this time. Cheat if you have to, we won’t judge. 

Do research work with a professor

Not only is this is a great resume booster, but doing research with a professor is a valuable way to learn more about the subject. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to humanize your professor in the process.

Make the dean’s list

You’ll have to get around a 3.85 to 3.90, but you only have to make the cut once, that’s all we’re asking for.

Try playing a sport

If you’re anything like us, you’re pretty tragic when it comes to athletics. Why not test yourself to see just how un-athletic you can be?

Actually graduate

The ultimate goal.

Crossing off items on a bucket list isn’t just for fun and games, it’s a reminder of the crazy things you can do in college – the things you won’t be able to do anymore when these four years at UC Berkeley are over. For your sake, cross off items on this list or make your own list. Just remember to do some memorable stuff.

Peace, love, Clog.

Contact Melany Dillon at [email protected].