If childhood toys were buildings on campus

Michaela Swensen/File
Michaela Swensen/File

Are you missing the good old days when you could just play with toys all day instead of spending hours on end in class? Well we do! To help mask the misery of what it can sometimes be to be a college student, we decided to compare all of the buildings on the UC Berkeley campus to toys from our childhood! Have you ever wondered where Barbie would live if she went to UC Berkeley? Stay tuned to find out!

Legos and Evans Hall

This one is kind of a no brainer, but Evans Hall would most definitely be the Legos in our toy box. This building sports a striking resemblance to this childhood favorite, with its Lego-like stacked exterior and its roof that appears ready to be topped by another Lego piece.

Lincoln Logs and North Gate Hall

This cozy little building nestled on the North Side of the UC Berkeley campus appears that it was built by advanced industrial strength Lincoln Logs. You can’t help but feel that you are in a giant Lincoln Log cabin when you’re inside of it! All we can do is hope that they used more substantial building products considering UC Berkeley’s proximity to fault lines.

Barbie Dream House and Clark Kerr 

If Barbie and Ken were freshmen at UC Berkeley, there is no doubt that they would live in Clark Kerr. Those spacious rooms, nearby track and swimming pool basically scream Barbie Dream House (college dorm edition).

Tamagotchi and Soda Hall

If Soda Hall was a toy from our childhood, it would definitely be a Tamagotchi. Tamagotchis were the coolest most high tech toy to have back in 2007, so naturally it would be equated to Soda Hall, where the Department of Computer Science is housed. We’re pretty sure, however, that the technology they use in Soda Hall is a bit more complex than the tried and true Tamagotchis we grew up with.

Connect Four and Barrows Hall

We have decided that Barrows Hall looks exactly like a game of Connect Four. Not only is the color scheme of them both basically identical, but the top of Barrows Hall legitimately has slots to enter the metaphorical Connect Four Chips! Don’t believe us? Go google an image of Barrows Hall!

Even though school can be a drag sometimes, just remember, all of the buildings on campus are just like our toys growing up if that’s any consolation!

Allison David is the assistant blog editor. Contact Allison David at [email protected].