Recipe: Frozen berry yogurt bark

Chelsea Song/Staff

Frozen recipes always put me off because of how long it takes to freeze the food that you’re making. What I’ve found, however, is that the reduced time for you to quickly grab a snack makes up for the amount of time it takes for the food to freeze. With this yogurt bark snack, you’ll be set for snackin’ for days, weeks and even up to one month if stored properly. Don’t know how? Don’t worry, we at the Clog have got you covered.

Ingredients:

1½ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular is fine)

¼ cup berry jam (any type will do)

¾-1 cup mixed berries

1½ tbsp honey (optional)

Directions:

Take a baking tray and line it with aluminum foil or wax paper. If you would like the yogurt bark to be a bit sweeter, take a large mixing bowl and dump your yogurt into the bowl. Add your honey and mix thoroughly. If you prefer to keep your yogurt bark less sweet, go ahead and pour the yogurt on top of your lined tray.

Smooth out the yogurt with a spoon or rubber spatula. You should add dollops of the berry jam of your choice (I went with raspberry) and swirl the jam into your yogurt evenly.

Top off your yogurt bark with your assorted berries. This can be anything from blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries. After you’ve sprinkled your yogurt with your berries, stick your tray in the fridge overnight, or for 4-5 hours, until the yogurt is completely hardened. Once the yogurt has hardened, break it apart into smaller chunks and store it in the fridge for later in a freezer bag or Tupperware, or you can enjoy right then and there!

This healthy snack will last you days, or weeks, as long as you keep the yogurt bark in the fridge. Whenever you’re feeling a bit peckish, just reach in and enjoy.

Contact Chelsea Song at [email protected].