Fantastic fall buys at Trader Joe’s

It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are (slightly) falling, Starbucks is out with their pumpkin spice lattes and sweater weather (until the sun comes out) is upon us. Fall is also the perfect season to get your trader hoe on at — you guessed it, Trader Joe’s! We here at the Clog tried and tested a bunch of cozy, fall-themed foods to bring you a perfect list of treats you should buy at Trader Joe’s this fall.

Pumpkin Joe Joe’s

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Move over Oreos, there’s a new star in town, and it takes the form of a tasty cinnamon cookie with light pumpkin-flavored frosting in the middle. Settle down with a few of these, and you’ll be transported back to the simpler days of trick-or-treating and pumpkin patches. Watch out though, these go fast in the dorms, so make sure to buy more than one box, or find a really good hiding spot to keep it safe from the greedy hands of your floormates.

Salted caramel gelato

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Missing summer but still want to get in the fall spirit before the Christmas decorations go up? We would highly recommend that you run down to the frozen aisle and buy this positively scrumptious gelato. The creamy and light texture of the gelato is to die for, and the strong caramel flavor comes through in every spoonful.

Pumpkin bread mix

Staff/Joshua Jordan

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread mix is arguably the best thing the store sells. It’s easy to make and has a perfect blend of spices and sweet pumpkin. Most of all, the wonderful aroma will create an autumnal wonderland in your apartment. Mix in some chocolate chips, walnuts or whatever else you like for the perfect fall treat!

Apple cider jam

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Missing your dad’s apple pie? Fear not, friends, this apple cider jam is the perfect remedy to the painful gaps between pie-eating days (aka the “holidays”). With this jam, we guarantee that your boring morning toast will be transformed into a big slice of apple pie. 

Butternut squash mac and cheese

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Butternut squash is a fall trend we should all get behind. Trader Joe’s is known for its incredible frozen mac and cheese meals, and this one deserves a place as one of their best yet. If cheese and garlic is your thing, we highly recommend you try this frozen meal. It’s a perfect to-go meal when you’re running late to class because it’s easy to make and quick to eat!

Brown sugar and cinnamon frosted toaster pastries

Staff/Joshua Jordan

Joshua Jordan/Staff

Now that school’s in full swing and the effects of late night studying for midterms is hitting, waking up is becoming more of a challenge than ever. These cute little organic pop tarts are the perfect on-the-go breakfast and energy boost you need at 8:09 a.m. to run to your 8 a.m. class! 

Honey roasted pumpkin ravioli and the butternut squash triangoli

They may sound a little funky, but hear us out — these easy-to-cook raviolis are delectable on a crisp Berkeley day. With just the perfect amount of savory paired with a hint of spice, these little pockets of joy will warm your soul like a warm fireplace. (Tip: They’re amazing with alfredo sauce!)  

Take it from us, there’s no better way to get into the fall spirit than heading over to Trader Joe’s and buying literally every fall-themed item they stock. We hope that this list serves as a guide for your next trip down University Avenue to the happiest place on Earth! Eat on you Bears!

Contact Sunny Sichi at [email protected].