BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

Grass fire breaks out, contained by firefighters in North Berkeley Hills

article image

SUPPORT OUR NONPROFIT NEWSROOM

We're an independent student-run newspaper, and need your support to maintain our coverage.

OCTOBER 09, 2017

About 3:45 a.m. Monday, a grass fire broke out in the North Berkeley Hills in the area of Ajax Place and Golf Course Road.

Fire crews from multiple jurisdictions were called in to assist with the fire, according to BFD spokesperson and acting fire chief Dave Brannigan. Brannigan added that no evacuations were made, but that residents of the area were asked to be prepared to leave should conditions change.

As of 6:15 a.m., the grass fire was under control, although there was still smoke in the air, according to a Nixle alert from Berkeley Police Department. BPD advised residents with respiratory problems to use precautions.

Check back for updates.

Contact Harini Shyamsundar at  or on Twitter

LAST UPDATED

OCTOBER 09, 2017


Related Articles

featured article
A four-alarm grass fire broke out in the Oakland Hills on Tuesday afternoon, threatening at least 30 homes, according to the Oakland Fire Department. Berkeley Fire Department dispatched two units to the area as mutual aid.
A four-alarm grass fire broke out in the Oakland Hills on Tuesday afternoon, threatening at least 30 homes, according to the Oakland Fire Department. Berkeley Fire Department dispatched two units to the area as mutual aid.
featured article
featured article
A fire was reported in the alleyway early Friday morning on the 1300 block of Arch Street near Spruce and Rose streets, according to a Nixle alert issued about 4:52 a.m.
A fire was reported in the alleyway early Friday morning on the 1300 block of Arch Street near Spruce and Rose streets, according to a Nixle alert issued about 4:52 a.m.
featured article
featured article
Three workers were taken to local hospitals Friday afternoon after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at a Berkeley construction site.
Three workers were taken to local hospitals Friday afternoon after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at a Berkeley construction site.
featured article