BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 25, 2022

Kyle ‘Based Stickman’ Chapman alleges Berkeley Antifa attacked his car Tuesday evening

OCTOBER 19, 2017

Kyle “Based Stickman” Chapman alleged that five Antifa members attacked his parked car in Berkeley on Tuesday evening while he sat in the back seat.

Chapman, a prominent member of the “alt-right” movement nicknamed for the large stick he used to hit protestors during a “March 4 Trump” rally in Berkeley, posted his description of events, along with pictures of his dented car, on his social media Wednesday morning. He did not mention whether or not he had sustained any injuries.

According to his Facebook and Twitter posts, the attack lasted about 2 minutes and was carried out with “clubs, wrenches, bear mace and jack boots.”

“The inside of my vehicle sounded like a firing range,” Chapman said in his Facebook post.

One of the alleged attackers left a “big clear hand print” on the window of his car, which the Berkeley Police Department was able to recover according to Chapman’s Twitter. BPD could not be reached for comment as of press time.

In response to Chapman’s Facebook post describing the alleged attack, Berkeley Antifa posted a wrench and a black flag emoji on Twitter with a screenshot of Chapman’s post. Earlier Tuesday evening, the night of the alleged attacks, Berkeley Antifa had retweeted a video showing Chapman and another group of people waving Trump flags on Telegraph Avenue.

A member of Antifa could not be reached for comment as of press time.

Check back for updates.

Contact Sophia Brown-Heidenreich at 

OCTOBER 20, 2017