Unconventional things to give out this Halloween

Joshua Jordan/Staff

With each passing Halloween, it feels more and more like something is missing. Sure, we enjoy getting free candy and miniature bottles of alcohol, but how are we supposed to keep Halloween unique? We at the Clog have found some solutions to make Halloween more original and exciting (UC Berkeley-style of course).

Fliers you’ve collected on Sproul Plaza

In just the first day of your UC Berkeley semester, you can probably accumulate 12 fliers in one stroll through Sproul Plaza on your way to class. If you haven’t thrown them all into the recycling bin by now, what better way to get rid of those fliers than by giving them out to trick-or-treaters? Plus, it’s a surefire way to make sure that they leave you alone next year.

A copy of your resume

The only thing more frightening than your coursework at UC Berkeley is life after you graduate. Regardless of how any internships you do or how skilled you are at your major, there’s plenty of uncertainty about your future. You could use all the help you can get, which is why it’s a good idea to hand out copies of resume this Halloween. Those middle school punks at your doorstep just might have ties with Mark Zuckerberg.

Free swag you’ve accumulated from Caltopia(s)

Every UC Berkeley student has gone to Caltopia and collected all the free stuff that they can, only to realize that they don’t have enough room in their broom closet (excuse us, we mean dorm room) for all these things. If you’re looking to get rid of all those foam fingers and T-shirts that probably fit weirdly, share the wealth and hand them out this Halloween.

A copy of The Daily Californian’s Halloween edition

Hey, we hear it’s what the kids are into these days.

If you’re sick of passing out bags of candy year after year, consider these options to spread the Halloween spirit this year.

Contact Doug Smith at [email protected].