BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

The berry best acai bowls you can enjoy in the Bay Area

MAYA VALLURU | STAFF

FEBRUARY 11, 2018

Unfortunately, one thing that Berkeley lacks is a dank acai bowl in a convenient location. Especially for those of us from SoCal (basically the whole school, let’s be honest), we’re used to having dozens of dope acai bowls readily available no matter where we are. Up here in Berk, it becomes an entire day of traveling and adventuring to reach the coveted gem of acai. While Project Juice has been a much-needed addition to our city, it’s still all the way down on Fourth Street. That’s basically San Francisco — or at least it can feel like it. If you do feel up for the venture of finding your favorite acai bowl ever, here are the Clog’s top recommendations.

Bowl’D Acai, San Francisco

This is one of the most highly recommended acai bowl shops in the entire Bay Area! There are storefront locations as well as a food truck that travels around. What could be a more basic or better combination than acai bowls and food trucks? Absolutely nothing!

Project Juice, Berkeley

Berkeley’s only saving grace. If you haven’t visited yet, the 51B takes you right to the cute, bougie Fourth Street. While you’re there, you can pop into Anthropologie, Lululemon and the Apple Store to fantasize over things you cannot afford. Acai bowls could potentially be added to that list — so be careful.

Juice Girl, Mill Valley

While this venue is the farthest away, it is so worth it! With the cutest little storefront you’ve ever seen, you’ll be immediately delighted even before you taste their acai. If you’re more of a fresh juice person than an acai bowl person, this place will also suit your needs very well.

Super Juiced, Oakland

Right on Ninth Street and a close walk to Lake Merritt, this juice shop is in another prime location and can turn into a fun day of walking around the lake and visiting the Oakland Museum of California. Ninth Street is arguably the best street in all of Oakland — it has umbrellas hanging from adorable string lights and countless cute food and drink places. You really can’t beat it. Plus, it’s right off of the Civic Center station of BART! Winning for sure.

Blue Hawaii Acai Cafe, San Francisco

Another banger in another bangin’ location. This place definitely gives you a lot of bang for your buck, and it’s truly one of a kind in a very delicious fashion.

Bare Bowls, Palo Alto

Although this is in enemy territory, honestly, it is worth it. At the Clog, our philosophy is the yummier and prettier the toppings, the better the bowl. These golden bowls genuinely might have the best toppings we’ve ever laid our eyes on. Cruise immediately.

Acai bowl hunting can be a fairly expensive habit, but isn’t your happiness worth it? We think yes. No matter what anyone says, please don’t be afraid to take a lit picture of your beautiful meal for all of your social media fans to see. #forthegram. Happy eating!

Contact Annie Hatton at 

FEBRUARY 11, 2018