BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 06, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Man arrested in connection to robbery, assault at Berkeley liquor store

FEBRUARY 25, 2018

Berkeley police arrested a man who allegedly struck a business owner and his son at a South Berkeley liquor store Wednesday afternoon, according to Berkeleyside.

Robert Guillebeau, 32, was charged with assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury and second-degree robbery, among other charges, according to online Alameda County jail records.

Berkeley Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Andrew Frankel told Berkeleyside that Guillebeau allegedly tried to leave the store without paying for multiple items and, when confronted by the shop owner and his son, he struck them and fled.

Officers responded to the report outside a liquor store in the 3000 block of Adeline Street about 1 p.m. Wednesday. The officers stopped Guillebeau at the Ashby BART station, where the suspect was taken into custody, according to Berkeleyside.

Guillebeau’s bail has been set at $395,000, and he is scheduled for a pretrial hearing at the René C. Davidson Courthouse on March 14.

Sydney Fix is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @sydney_fix.

FEBRUARY 27, 2018