It’s that time of year again! The NBA Finals — aka the Golden State Warriors taking on LeBron James (and the Cavaliers) — are finally here. If you’re not a basketball connoisseur (or even if you are), here’s a game that might be more of your speed. Get a team together or go one-on-one. Grab your Solo Cups and get your arms warmed up, because the players on the court won’t be the only ones pulling up and taking shots.
Drink every time…
- Any commentator talks about LeBron going to eight straight NBA Finals
- Any commentator refers to LeBron as “King”
- Doris Burke asks more than three questions to someone in a courtside interview
- J.R. Smith or Nick Young misses a 3-pointer
- The camera zooms in on a Curry family member
- Draymond Green gets a technical foul — this one counts for two drinks!
- Someone credits a deity in a postgame interview for their success
Take a shot every time…
- LeBron has a chase-down block or a block on a fast break
- Stephen Curry shimmies after a 3-pointer
- Anyone converts a 4-point play — take 2 shots or shotgun
Drown your sorrows…
- If the Cavaliers get swept — take four shots for LeBron’s poor soul and the four L’s he carried his team to.
- If the Warriors blow a 3-1 lead and lose in Game 7 — down an entire fifth by yourself.
- If the lead is less than 5 in the final two minutes of regulation or overtime — everyone drinks until the last two minutes are up.
No matter what team you’re rooting for, you’re guaranteed a game you won’t remember. Don’t worry, though — that’s what the recaps are for! So get your game face on and make sure your laces are tied tight. Happy drinking, and don’t forget to take some water breaks.