Sun’s out, mocktails out! Now that school is out, everyone can enjoy the sun and be worry-free. (Except for those of us who are taking summer classes. Stay strong, friends!) In the summertime, it’s important as ever to stay hydrated, and what better way to do that than to sip on some delicious mocktails? Whether you are underage, don’t like drinking or are a designated driver, you can still have some sober fun in the sun with these yummy drinks! It’s important to note that alcohol is not required to have fun. Here’s the real kicker: Your boozed-up friends will definitely be jealous of these tasty concoctions. Remember, life’s a beach and you’re just playing in the sand (with one or all of these mocktails in your hand)! So go on and seas the day with any of these three refreshing mocktails!
Mango-nificent Virgin Margarita
Let’s be honest: The only thing better than a virgin margarita is two virgin margaritas!
The easiest mocktail on this drink menu, a yummy virgin blended strawberry mango margarita is sure to please everyone.
1/2 cup mango juice or a whole mango
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup lime juice
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with an optional slice of mango, strawberry or lime.
One in a Melon Mocktail
The quintessential fruit of the summer, watermelon, is a favorite among many. Nothing beats a cold slice of watermelon (besides this refreshing mocktail, of course)!
1/2 cup watermelon juice
3 basil leaves
1/2 of a lime
1/2 tablespoon agave
- Add watermelon juice and lime juice in shaker or Mason jar. Muddle basil leaves.
- Add agave to taste.
- Sprinkle some ice cubes in the shaker/Mason jar and gently shake.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into an ice-filled glass.
- Finish off with some San Pellegrino.
- Garnish with lime wedge and/or basil sprig.
This sweet and tangy treat will surely quench your thirst on any hot summer day. Enjoy hints of guava and juicy grapefruit as you sip on this drink poolside or on your couch as you watch Netflix. Whatever floats your boat.
1 whole grapefruit (can sub with 1/2 cup grapefruit juice)
GT’s Guava Goddess kombucha
- Using a citrus juicer (or your hands), juice an entire grapefruit.
- Add the grapefruit juice to a large Mason jar or shaker. Add lime juice and ice, and shake to incorporate the ingredients.
- Using a strainer, pour mixture into a new glass filled with ice.
- Top off the glass with GT’s Guava Goddess kombucha.
- Optional: Garnish with a wedge of lime.
Celebrate the end of the semester and the beginning of good vibes and long summer days with these refreshing mocktails!