So you’ve probably heard of Freeform’s 25 Day of Christmas. … Well, we’ve got 22 days of August for you! With today being the last day of July, school season is upon us and summer is slowly slipping away. We understand how valuable these last few days of summer are — we’re here to help! Unsure of what to do before instruction begins? Here’s a list of 22 things to do every day before the Bears are back to school.
- Start training to pull all-nighters. You’ll be doing this a lot during the school year
- Reconnect with your plug (your boba plug that is) to make sure your return to Berkeley is full of boba
- Buy school supplies. … Duh
- Hit up your roommates, organize how everyone will be moving in and claim the apartment space you want
- Stock up on Patagonia gear. You don’t want to go a day without your Patagonia — embarrassing!
- Test your Hydro Flask to make sure it can stay cold all day. Odds are, it still can
- Sell your old textbooks on Free and For Sale
- Walk in zig-zags to prepare to dodge flyers on Sproul
- Practice your crying face in the mirror — you’ll probably cry the first day of school and you want to make sure you look fierce while doing it
- Stalk Free and For Sale for some last-minute apartment shopping
- Eat instant ramen to get your body used to not having home-cooked meals anymore
- Spend all day on UCBMFET so you’ll be in the loop when you and your friends are making self-deprecating jokes
- Sleep as much as you can and don’t set any alarms
- Open a credit card solely for the purpose of buying boba
- Create a motivation playlist ready to go for your first mental breakdown
- Contemplate the idea of dropping out or transferring schools, but still go to UC Berkeley because #GoBears
- Start a finsta or “fake Instagram” for shitposts
- Have one last shindig before your schedule is too cluttered to do anything
- Only wear UC Berkeley gear to get yourself into the spirit of going back
- Start the readings even though you’re inevitably going to fall behind
- Check CalCentral to see if you’re actually a registered student, if your financial aid was disbursed or if you’re finally off the waitlist
- Cry. Let it all out
Goodbye July — we’ll miss you! And hello August. We can’t believe you’d really do this to us.
Joyce Cam is the blog editor. Contact Joyce Cam at [email protected].