10 ‘Scorpion’ lyrics that have still got us in our feelings

Kevin Mazur / Getty Images/Courtesy

Although it’s been two months and 13 days (but who’s counting) since Drake released Scorpion, we’re still experiencing all the feels. We invite you to take a hot sec to remember that Aubrey confessed to actually having a kid. And he’s happy, sad, revengeful — just about everything. We at the Clog go through Drizzy’s roller coaster of emotions on the daily, so we decided to round up a list of the most UC Berkeley-relevant Scorpion lyrics.

“I wasn’t hidin’ my kid from the world / I was hidin’ the world from my kid”  — “Emotionless”

Our parents after all of those Milo Yiannopoulos protests.

“I know a girl that saves pictures from places she’s flown / To post later and make it look like she still on the go” — “Emotionless”

Our thoughts when people post photos on the ‘gram to make it look like they had the time of their lives this summer (maybe they did!), and you’re all caught up in what we like to call #FOMO.

“I only love my bed and my mama. I’m sorry” — “God’s Plan”

What you say to your friends when they’re trying to get you to go to that house party that you’re not down for.

“It’s too late for all that lovey-dovey shit” — “Mob Ties”

When your CS project partner tries coming in clutch with their share of the code on the day the project is due, but you’ve already finished the project.

“And you showin’ off, but it’s all right” — “Nice for What”

What the narrator of your narrative says when you got off those blasted CalCentral waitlists and you can finally go buy the course readers.

“I’m upset” — “I’m Upset”

Discussion in Etcheverry Hall was cancelled and you found out after getting to Etcheverry. You’re upset.

“What a time this is / To be alive for this shit” — “Blue Tint”

Seniors when they see the new Blackwell Hall housing and hear that late-night dining has returned. 

“They gotta make some choices, they runnin’ out of options” — “In My Feelings”

Students with meal points trying to figure out where to eat, since it feels like every campus dining place is being replaced with a Yali’s. How much soup of the day could one campus possibly need?

“Stressin’ over somethin’ ” — “Don’t Matter to Me

Us. Always.

“I need shelter from the rain” — March 14

UC Berkeley students when it starts raining in the middle of August and you, understandably, do not have an umbrella with you.

We love you, Drake. From Berkeley to the six and back.

Contact Avanti Mehrotra at [email protected].