BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 10, 2022

Studying for finals? Read our puzzles special instead!

Man struck by UC Berkeley lab shuttle bus on Hearst Avenue, Euclid Avenue

ANJALI SHRIVASTAVA | STAFF

|

Senior Staff Reporter

SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

Updated 9/13/18: This article has been updated to reflect additional information from UC Berkeley student David Enriquez.

Updated 9/12/18: This article has been updated to reflect additional information from BPD spokesperson Byron White.

A man was struck by a UC Berkeley laboratory shuttle bus at the intersection of Hearst and Euclid avenues about 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The man, 21-year-old UC Berkeley senior David Enriquez, was riding a skateboard down Euclid Avenue and was unable to stop when the street light turned red, according to Berkeley Police Department spokesperson Byron White.

The Orange Route shuttle bus was leaving the North Gate stop as it hit Enriquez, according to campus junior Tobias Berkson, who was driving through the intersection just as the collision occurred.

Enriquez was taken to Kaiser Permanente Emergency care with “minor to moderate injuries,” according to  White. He received 3 staples for a head injury and has a concussion, according to Enriquez.

“Aside from the head injury, my body is fine, just incredibly sore,” Enriquez said in an email.

Anjali Shrivastava is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @anjalii_shrivas.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2018