Things to do in the Bay Area this fall between midterms

Zainab Ali/File

The air is getting colder, the days are getting shorter and midterms are in full swing. With the fall season officially underway, you may be looking for some fun ways to take a break from studying and rejoice in the nostalgia of the Halloween season. The Clog has put together a list of some fun events happening this autumn so that you can make the most of this season.

SUPBERB’s “Bad Times at the El Royale” screening

Date: Oct. 4
Cost of Admission: Free with student ID

The only thing better than an advanced screening of an up-and-coming blockbuster is a free advanced screening of an up-and-coming blockbuster. Slide through to the screening of this thriller to get into the spirit of the season.

City of Berkeley Harvest Festival

Date: Oct. 13
Cost of Admission: Free

Ring in the season with your friends or roommates at this family-friendly celebration in Cedar Rose Park. Featuring a food contest, live music and food trucks, the Harvest Festival is a fun, local gathering that brings the community together to enjoy the the start of fall festivities.

Apple-A-Day Ratzlaff Ranch

Date(s): September to December (U-Pick season)
Cost of Admission: $2.00 per pound of apples

Get a taste of fall with freshly picked apples at this orchard in Sebastopol. This attraction is a bit of a drive, but it’s definitely worth it, as you’ll get to take artsy pictures and then pick delicious apples to take home for snacking or making pie.

Alameda Point Pumpkin Patch

Date(s): Sept. 28 to Oct. 31
Cost of Admission: Free

If you’re feeling nostalgic and want a place to go for a day of wholesome, Halloween fun, Alameda Point Pumpkin Patch is a good go-to. Located a short drive away, this seasonal pumpkin patch has every fall-related attraction you could dream of, from petting zoos to zip lines. Embrace the child in you and revel in the autumn fun.

San Francisco Halloween Club Crawl

Date(s): Oct. 26
Cost of Admission: $14.29 (Tier 1 Admission)

If you’re 21+ and looking for a fun, Halloween-y night on the town, this pub crawl is perfect for you. Throw on your costume and turn up with some drink specials at a variety of San Francisco bars.

Fear Overlord Scream Park

Date(s): Sept. 28 to Nov. 3
Cost of Admission: $25.99 (General Admission)

For the thrill-seeking folks out there, Fear Overlord Scream Park offers two theme-based haunted houses that are easily accessible by BART. The park’s signature attraction is the Amnesia Ward, which replicates an experience in a dysfunctional ward from which you must escape. Get your Halloween spooks on at this seasonal theme park that’ll have you shaking in your shoes.

So throw on your scarves, grab your pumpkin spice lattes and enjoy this autumn for all it’s worth!

Contact Hannah Nguyen at [email protected].