Berkeley police releases Nixle alert with roundup of recent crimes

Daniel Kim/File

Indecent exposure, firearm recovery during a traffic stop and felony battery are included in Berkeley Police Department’s roundup of crimes that have occurred in Berkeley since the beginning of October, as released in a Nixle alert Tuesday.

The alert, issued at 12:23 p.m., states that the indecent exposure involved a male suspect exposing himself while making “lewd comments” directed at female high school students Oct. 1. The suspect — who was not wearing a shirt or underwear at the time of the crime — is identified in the alert as a white male in his 50s, about 5 feet tall, with brown shoulder-length hair.

The alert also states that BPD officers discovered two firearms and a bag of powder cocaine during a traffic stop at 9 p.m. Friday at the intersection of 66th Street and Acton Street. Two occupants of the car were arrested, according to the alert.

At 12:10 a.m. Saturday, a woman was the victim of felony battery while walking on Hillegass Avenue toward Dwight Way, according to the alert. The alert says the suspect — a man in his 20s — approached the woman, hit her in the arm with a crowbar and proceeded to leave soon after.

BPD asks that anyone with information about the indecent exposure contact BPD’s Special Victims Unit at (510) 981-5715 and that those with information about the felony battery contact BPD’s Homicide Unit at (510) 981-5741.

Danielle Kaye is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @danielledkaye.