Berkeley police reports several instances of robbery, attempted robbery

Daniel Kim/File

Berkeley Police Department sent a Nixle alert at 12:23 p.m. Tuesday about several instances of robbery and attempted robbery that occurred in Berkeley since Friday.

Three suspects robbed a man on Arch Street, south of Hilgard Avenue, on Friday at 10:19 p.m., according to the alert. Two of the suspects were armed with knives, and all three suspects were described as in their 20s, about 5’10” and wearing baggy clothing and hats, according to the alert.

A man and woman were robbed at gunpoint between 2:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. Saturday while they were sleeping in their car parked on the 2500 block of Haste Street, according to the alert. The suspect was described as a man in his 30s wearing dark clothing.

Also on Saturday, the alert said an attempted robbery occurred in the area of Berryman Street and Martin Luther King Jr Way. Two suspects jumped out of a sedan and approached the victim, who ran away until the suspects stopped chasing him.

At 9:15 p.m. on the same day, two suspects armed with knives robbed a man in the area of Arch and Virginia streets, the alert said. The suspects — described as in their 20s, approximately 5’10” and wearing baggy clothing and hats — exited a car driven by a third suspect and demanded the victim’s property.

In another case, the alert said two suspects approached a man walking down Allston Way on Sunday at 2:05 a.m. The men — described as in their 20s and both wearing hats — carried knives and demanded the victims property.

That same day at 2:15 p.m., a suspect attempted to rob a woman of her phone on Acton Street, the alert said. The victim, however, was able to hold on to her phone. The suspect was described as a 13- to 14-year-old boy, wearing dark clothes and riding a bicycle.

Two male suspects put a knife to a man’s throat and robbed him of his backpack at Parker Street on Monday at 12:56 p.m., according to the alert. The victim described the suspects as aged 30 to 35. One had a mustache, and the other wore a hooded sweatshirt.

On Monday at 10:40 p.m., the alert said two male suspects robbed a woman on Oxford Street. The suspects are described as in their 20s — one carried a knife.

In the alert, BPD requested that anyone with information on the robberies contact its Robbery Unit at (510) 981-5742. Residents are also encouraged to check their video surveillance for footage that could provide BPD with any additional details on the incidents.

Contact Hannah Piette and Sophia Brown-Heidenreich at [email protected].