Berkeley firefighters put out fire at 2310 Fulton St. ‘within minutes’

Google/Courtesy

Related Posts

Berkeley Fire Department responded to a fire at 2310 Fulton St. — which was determined to have been caused by a dryer that caught fire — after receiving a call at 6 p.m. about smoke billowing out of the apartment complex, according to BFD spokesperson Keith May.

May said the fire broke out on the fifth floor of the building, and firefighters put it out “within minutes.” He added that the fire did not cause any injuries to civilians or firefighters.

“The sprinkler system kicked in and held it in check,” May said. “Once (firefighters) made entry and found out where the smoke was coming from, they just immediately put it out.”

BFD responded to the fire by dispatching four engines, a truck company, a battalion chief and an ambulance, according to May.

May said the location where the fire broke out is still an “active scene.”

Check back for updates.

Danielle Kaye is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @danielledkaye.