Berkeley police arrest 3 on suspicion of robbing 15-year-old boy

Daniela Cervantes/File

Berkeley Police Department arrested an 18-year-old woman and two 17-year-old boys Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of robbing a 15-year-old boy outside Berkeley High School, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

BPD received reports that six teenagers were fighting at the intersection of Allston Way and Milvia Street at 3:45 p.m., and the police proceeded to detain all six of them, according to BPD spokesperson Officer Byron White. A subsequent investigation into the incident revealed that one of the teenagers was being robbed by three others, White said in an email.

White added that while searching the three individuals suspected of committing the robbery, officers discovered that they possessed a burglary tool called a “window punch,” powder cocaine and marijuana. Officers then arrested these three individuals on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale, narcotic-controlled substances and burglary tools, as well as on suspicion of robbery.

According to White, the 18-year-old female arrestee has been identified as Camila Brisco from Oakland. BPD does not know if the teenagers are Berkeley Unified School District students, according to Berkeleyside. 

White said in an email that the victim received a minor injury to his hand during the robbery and was treated at the scene.

Check back for updates.

Danielle Kaye is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @danielledkaye.