We’re in the thick of midterm season, Bears. Midterm scores are coming in, and GPAs are dropping. Here are some ways you can save yourself from a poorly formed explanation for when you want to shed a little tear over a less than stellar midterm grade:
- Your pet dog just had surgery.
- You just witnessed a KiwiBot wipeout.
- FSM ran out of coffee.
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson broke up, and love doesn’t exist.
- Your roommate downloaded that air horn app.
- Your boo wants you both to dress up as a lamp and a moth for a Halloween frat party.
- Twilight is turning 10 years old in November, and you feel old.
- Phase 1 is coming too fast.
- You remembered you had leftover pizza in the fridge from the kickback you hosted yesterday (happy tears).
- You ended up with a broken desk in Dwinelle twice in a row for your 1 1/2-hour lecture.
- There is no way you can avoid walking across the entirety of campus between classes next semester, according to the schedule planner and Google Maps.
- All you have in your closet are short sleeves, but the weather will never go above room temperature for the rest of the week.
- You stepped on one of the three seals.
- Your roommate downloaded the TikTok app.
- You were tagged multiple times on an embarrassing post on the “Confessions from UC Berkeley” Facebook page.
- You read the U.N. predictions for climate change.
- Your professor called you out for sleeping in class.
- Your friends have arranged a boba intervention for you.
There you have it — 21 excuses to have a good cry after a midterm gone wrong. However you cope, know that there’s always going to be another boba shop “Grand Opening” discount to look forward to.
Contact Malvika Singhal at [email protected].