Perfect date spots around Berkeley for the start of cuffing season

Joshua Jordan/File

As we begin to transition into winter, a time when the temperature begins to drop and the leaves start to fall, that can only signal one thing the start of cuffing season! Whether you’re already cuffed or still searching for the one, here is a list of date spots around town to truly impress that special somebody in your life.

Table for two 

Everyone appreciates a proper meal here and there. After all, the combination of cafeteria food, Asian Ghetto and our own attempts at cooking can get tiresome. Making a reservation for two at a nice restaurant nearby is a real impresser. And Taco Bell definitely doesn’t count. Ippuku, La Note, Comal and Jupiter are just a few that you can choose from. Major props to you if you know your date’s favorite type of cuisine prior to deciding on a place.

Get a little sporty

Get love-struck with a strike by going bowling at Albany Bowl. It’s only a 15-minute Uber ride and guaranteed to be lots of fun. Another great option is mini golfing. Check out Subpar Miniature Golf for some good ol’ childish fun with its 18-hole course set to a Bay Area-esque theme!

Head outdoors

Hike up to the Big C! The beautiful sunset view makes pulling out the running shoes worth it and will really set the mood. If you’re not so keen on the idea of exercise, go for something with a little less altitude by planning a picnic on Memorial Glade.

Movies are better together

Go the traditional route and show your date a good time with tickets to a movie at one of the nearby theaters located on Shattuck Avenue. If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, book tickets at the Greek Theatre for one of their upcoming events — there’s always something lively going on there.

As we say our farewells to the grueling midterm season and welcome in cuffing season with a sigh of relief, anything is possible these next weeks when love is in the air!

Contact Erika Lee at [email protected].