BERKELEY'S NEWS • FEBRUARY 03, 2023

Ring in the New Year with our 2023 New Year's Special Issue!

Man arrested at DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Berkeley on suspicion of DUI

GOOGLE | COURTESY

NOVEMBER 08, 2018

A man was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle under the influence Monday, according to a Berkeley Police Department Nixle alert sent about 1 p.m. Thursday.

According to the alert, on Monday at 7:05 a.m., Berkeley Fire Department personnel requested emergency assistance at the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Berkeley where Berkeley resident Vincent Vaquilar, a 27-year-old man, was found asleep in his vehicle with the engine running. When the Fire Department personnel tried to help Vaquilar, the alert said he responded combatively.

When BPD officers arrived, they determined Vaquilar was under the influence, according to the alert. Officers found a quantity of powder cocaine in his pockets, and he was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs/alcohol and possession of a controlled substance.

Hannah Piette is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @Hannah_PietteDC.

NOVEMBER 08, 2018