How to make the most of a shorter week after a holiday weekend

The three-day weekend is over, and it’s time to go back to school. But this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Because of the unusual length of the week, your workload is going to be less than usual. So why not enjoy the extra time and get the most out of your abridged week? Here are some tips on what to do during your four-day week.

Rest

A good way to use the lighter workweek is just to relax and rest. Sleep can be a great thing, and without the excuse of schoolwork or weekend parties, this can be a good chance to get all the sleep you can. But if naps or a regular sleep schedule sound awful, then just do whatever else helps you calm down and relax.

Do something that isn’t schoolwork

If the only thing you don’t want to do with your extra time is schoolwork, then that’s OK. Don’t just waste time, however. Why not do something you have been wanting to do but putting off? That way, you can be productive in a way meaningful to you. Be it hiking up in the Berkeley Hills or reading a book you’ve heard good things about, you’ll be glad you did it.

Study

You can, however, use this time to work on school. Free time is perfect for studying. If you use your time now, you might be able to avoid cramming the night before. It may not be the most exciting option, but if school is the biggest thing on your mind, maybe studying will help assuage your fears.

Go to things you normally have to miss out on

If some of your classes have been canceled, your schedule is more free for fun activities. So if there is something that a class conflicted with and you can now go to, take advantage of the opportunity! Be it office hours or maybe just lunch, this is your time to shine.

Remember how close the weekend is

Now, there’s a good chance that even though it is a four-day week your schedule and workload are still scary. But the week isn’t completely the same. Let the fact that it’ll be over so much sooner than usual give you hope.

So remember: Even though the three-day weekend is over, that doesn’t mean it’s all bad. There are a lot of benefits to the week being a little shorter. Hopefully, you found some of these tips helpful in making this week a little better. Just remember that the next weekend is right around the corner.

Contact Zachariah Nash at [email protected] .