Berkeley police notify community of DUI case, auto burglary, residential burglary

Daniel Kim/File

Berkeley Police Department notified the community of recent crimes, including a DUI case, an auto burglary and the arrest of a suspect in a residential burglary, in a Nixle alert sent out Thursday afternoon.

On Monday at 2 a.m., BPD officers responded to a vehicle collision on the 2100 block of Bonar Street, according to the alert. A female driver, Yolanda Micaela Florez, had allegedly driven a car into two parked vehicles. A records and sobriety check revealed she had been driving under the influence, did not have insurance or a valid license and that there was an outstanding warrant for her arrest. A vehicle search also yielded a quantity of methamphetamine in the car, the alert said.

According to the alert, Florez was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI and possession of controlled substances. She was also cited for being an unlicensed and uninsured driver.

On Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. an unidentified suspect allegedly burglarized a car on the 2300 block of Bancroft Way, the alert said. When a witness confronted the man about breaking into the vehicle, the man was said to have pulled out a knife and subsequently ran away toward Durant Avenue.

BPD also arrested Anthony William Graham on charges of burglary, vehicle theft and violation probation after he allegedly broke into a home on the 1000 block of Pardee Street at 2:48 a.m Wednesday. A resident of the house awoke to the sound of someone in her home and called the police upon seeing the suspect in her home. Graham allegedly stole the keys to the victim’s vehicle and was apprehended by officers at the intersection of Channing Way and Ninth Street.

Sophia Brown-Heidenreich is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @sophiabrownh.