Cheers to the freakin’ weekend! Cal-themed mocktails for the Big Game

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

The time has finally come. The day that everyone has been looking forward to. The Big Game’s here! The Stanfurd vs. Cal game is the biggest game of the year, and you better believe that the hype is real. We’re talking pregaming at the crack of dawn and the most meticulously planned game day outfits yet — it’s going to be big, folks.

But despite all the fun game day festivities, know that you can enjoy yourself without consuming one drop of alcohol. How, you might ask? The answer is simple — with these three Cal-themed mocktails, everyone’s going to be wondering what you’re sippin’ in that red solo cup. Whether you don’t drink alcohol or are a designated driver, you can have just as much fun as the next guy. This game day, say no to plastic jugs of rubbing alcohol and sad excuses for beer and yes to delicious and refreshing Cal-themed mocktails. I’ll definitely drink to that!

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

Piña (Cal)ada

Start your game day with the creamiest and most refreshing beverage of them all: a piña (Cal)ada!

Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut milk

1 cup frozen pineapple

1/4 cup pineapple juice

Directions

Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until thoroughly incorporated.

Pour into a glass and top with a couple chunks of frozen pineapple.

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

Go (ginger) beers!

The Big Game is always during the fall, so channel your PSL vibes with this spiced apple cider mocktail!

Ingredients

1/2 Spiced cider

Ginger beer

Juice from 1 lime

1 cinnamon stick

sugar

pumpkin spice

ice

Directions

Take a lime wedge and lightly rub it along the rim of your glass. Mixing the sugar and pumpkin spice onto a plate, flip your glass over to cover the rims of your glass with the pumpkin spice mixture. Set aside for later.

Add spiced cider, lime juice, ice and a cinnamon stick into a shaker or mason jar. Shake thoroughly until the mixture is cooled.

Using a strainer, pour your mocktail into the pumpkin spice-rimmed glass. Add an optional cinnamon stick.

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

Blue(beary) and Gold

Such an iconic color combination deserves an even more iconic drink. Grab a glass of this muddled berry drink for an insanely refreshing treat!

Ingredients

1 cup of blueberries

Juice from 1 lime

1/2 cup of loosely packed mint

1 tablespoon of honey

Ginger beer

Sprig of mint

Directions

Muddle blueberries, lime juice and mint in your mason jar or shaker. After thoroughly combined, add ice cubes and honey. Shake until the mixture is cooled.

Strain the mocktail into a glass filled with ice. Top it off with a generous serving of ginger beer and a sprig of mint.

So go ahead and shake up a storm with these delicious Cal-themed mocktails this Big Game! Warning: Your alcohol drinking friends are going to be real jealous.

Contact Allison Fong at [email protected].