6 robberies occur over weekend throughout Berkeley

Daniel Kim/File

Six robberies occurred from Thursday to Monday throughout Berkeley, according to a Nixle alert released by the Berkeley Police Department on Tuesday.

About 10:18 p.m. Thursday, police received reports of a woman who was robbed by three suspects — one of them allegedly armed with a handgun — while standing on the 2100 block of Parker Street. The alert said the suspects allegedly robbed her of her cellphone and took off.

Another robbery occurred that night at 10:25 p.m. on the 2300 block of Dwight Way. According to the alert, four suspects cornered a woman against a vehicle.

“The suspects punched the woman, took her bag, and ran away—west on Dwight Way,” the alert stated.

On Saturday at 2:33 p.m., a woman was walking south on Shattuck Avenue. When she reached Allston Way, a suspect — who was wearing a respirator-type mask — came from behind her and allegedly stole her cellphone, according to the alert. Later that Saturday about 7:25 p.m., two women were robbed by two suspects, one of whom was allegedly armed with a handgun, while walking on the 2400 block of Warring Street. The suspects allegedly grabbed the backpacks from the women and then ran.

The Nixle alert stated that a suspect entered U.S. Smog and Gas on Shattuck Avenue armed with a shotgun, allegedly robbed the cashier and left the store. The crime occurred Sunday.

Another cellphone robbery occurred Monday about 1:15 p.m, according to the Nixle alert. A woman was standing at a bus stop on the 2800 block of Adeline Street when a suspect allegedly ran from behind her and “snatched” the phone from her hands.  The suspect was last seen fleeing southbound on Milvia Street.

Check back for updates. 

Francesca Munsayac is the university news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @fcfm_dc.