Berkeley police make arrest in connection to sexual battery, burglary

Daniel Kim/File

Updated 11/28/18: This article has been updated to reflect additional information from BPD Sgt. Veronica Rodrigues.

Berkeley Police Department made an arrest Monday night in connection to an alleged incident of sexual battery and burglary that occurred early Sunday morning, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

The suspect — 24-year-old Jahcoby Dillon Adams-Mabin — was arrested on suspicion of assault with intent to rape, first-degree residential burglary and possession of a controlled substance about 8 p.m. Monday, according to Inmate Locator. BPD was able to identify Adams-Mabin with help from public and patrol officers and arrested him at Kip’s Bar in Berkeley on Monday night, according to BPD Sgt. Veronica Rodrigues.

Adams-Mabin allegedly broke into a Berkeley home on the 2400 block of Blake Street, stole property and assaulted a female resident about 6 a.m. Sunday. BPD officers believe he entered through an unlocked window, Rodrigues said in an email.

Adams-Mabin was booked into Berkeley Jail about 2:25 a.m. Tuesday, and his arraignment is scheduled for Friday morning.

Check back for updates. 

Anjali Shrivastava is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @anjalii_shrivas.