Try this recipe for pasta with cherry tomato sauce and smoked mozzarella

Sunny Sichi/Staff

As a self-proclaimed pasta expert, I’ve tried many pasta recipes in my short lifetime, but none have compared to this one. It’s easy to make, has a smoky, yet fresh flavor, and you’ll never get tired of it. Eaten cold or hot, this pasta is perfect for any and all seasons. I’d recommend making it cold and bringing it to a picnic or serving it hot at a holiday potluck. You’ll certainly impress your friends with this super tasty pasta recipe, and you’ll also get some serious cooking cred when you tell them you made the sauce yourself!

Ingredients

1 pound fusilli pasta

48 ounces cherry tomatoes

6 cloves garlic

1 cup basil

3 cups smoked mozzarella

1 1/2 cups olive oil

Salt and pepper

Directions

To make your pasta, boil water and place your pasta in a pot with a pinch of salt. Cook for 8 minutes. Taste-test your pasta toward the end of the time to make sure it’s the right consistency. I prefer al dente for this dish, but it’s up to you. 

To make the sauce, mince your garlic into small pieces, wash and chop your basil into strips, and chop your smoked mozzarella into little squares. 

tomato_sunni-sichi_staff-jpeg-copy

Wash your cherry tomatoes and place them in a big pot with the olive oil and minced garlic. Turn the heat to medium. Stir frequently, adding salt and pepper to taste.

tomato4_sunny-sichi_staff-jpeg-copy

Your sauce should bubble and become thicker as the tomatoes pop — it’s ready once all of them have popped.

tomato5_sunny-sichi_staff-jpeg-copy

Mix your sauce in with your prepared pasta and stir until it’s fully mixed. Then, add your smoked mozzarella and basil, and combine well. Make sure to add the smoked mozzarella while the pasta and sauce are still warm, so it can melt. Once all your ingredients have been fully mixed, serve and enjoy!

tomato8_sunny-sichi_staff-jpeg-copy

Contact Sunny Sichi at [email protected].