BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 26, 2022

Cal's linebacker duo earns All-Pac-12 first and second team honors

KAREN CHOW | FILE

DECEMBER 04, 2018

Linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk has not only led Cal’s defense to a bowl game, as he also leads the six Bears in all-conference honors, earning himself a spot on the All-Pac-12 first-team.

Kunaszyk is going to the Cheez-It Bowl in Phoenix with a team-leading 11 tackles for loss and averages 6.9 solo tackles per game, which ranks third best in the nation. Most impressive of all, however, is that he is tied with four other players with a nation-leading five forced fumbles, powering a turnover savvy Cal defense.

Partnering with Kunaszyk for one of the most dynamic linebacker duos in the nation, Evan Weaver’s team-leading 11.9 tackles per game ranks him second in the conference and eighth in the nation. Enough to say that he earned his spot on the All-Pac-12 second-team after his breakout year.

Highlighting the defense’s impressive year, cornerback Camryn Bynum, safety Ashtyn Davis and defensive end Luc Bequette joined punter Steven Coutts on the honorable mention list as the Bears are looking to end the year on a high note with a bowl win.

Contact Can Sariöz at 

DECEMBER 04, 2018