Berkeley police arrest suspect in connection with 2 incidents of child sexual abuse

Daniel Kim/File

Two incidents of sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14 were reported to Berkeley Police Department on Dec. 29, according to a Nixle alert released Thursday.

A father called BPD claiming that his two daughters, ages 7 and 8, had been molested by an adult family friend who had previously lived with them. Detectives with the department’s special victims unit conducted an “extensive investigation” based on this information, which led to an arrest warrant for 38-year-old Oakland resident Tobias Sebastian Hero Goodliffe, previously known as Kristin Goodliffe.

BPD spokesperson Officer Byron White said Goodliffe identified as female when he was apprehended for a previous crime but now identifies as male.

Officers located and arrested Goodliffe in Suisun City, where they found a loaded handgun, a quantity of ecstasy and marijuana in his vehicle.

Goodliffe was taken to Santa Rita Jail and booked for suspicion of continuous sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14, sexual abuse of a child under the age 14, carrying a loaded firearm in/on a person or vehicle in a public place, having a concealed firearm in a vehicle and possession of methamphetamines. Goodliffe is currently awaiting a pretrial hearing scheduled for Jan. 24.

Amanda Bradford is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @amandabrad_uc.