20 New Year’s resolutions that UC Berkeley students should stick to

Emily Bi/Staff

The start of a new year and a new semester always brings a revived sense of motivation among students, as we renew our commitments to eating healthier, exercising more frequently and spending less time on our phones. Although most of us tend to lose sight of our New Year’s resolutions sometime during late January, we should always strive to continually improve ourselves. Instead of making overly ambitious goals to completely transform ourselves into health-conscious socialites with 4.0 GPAs, the Clog is here with a list of realistic, practical resolutions that UC Berkeley students should actually try sticking to this year.

1. Go to 8 a.m. classes
  2. Go to classes in general
  3. Not watch Netflix in Moffitt Library
  4. Start assignments when they’re assigned (or at any point before the night before they’re due)
  5. Read the readings for class
  6. Buy something besides frozen meals at Trader Joe’s
  7. Go to the events you’re “Interested” in on Facebook
  8. Don’t binge drink on weekends
  9. Stop ghosting people on Tinder
  10. Do laundry before you run out of underwear
  11. Call your parents, and not just when you need them for something
  12. Spend less time looking at “UC Berkeley Memes for Edgy Teens”
  13. Actually work out at the RSF instead of spending the whole time on your phone
  14. Make friends in your classes
  15. Look at your lecture notes after you take them
  16. Go to sleep instead of staying up until 1 a.m. watching TV and scrolling through Instagram
  17. Drink more water out of the Hydro Flask you carry around all day
  18. Smile at people on Sproul instead of giving everyone your RBF (resting bitch face)
  19. Do the work you’re stressed about instead of talking about how stressed you are
  20. Read The Daily Clog once a day

Turns out, you don’t actually need to start doing 6 a.m. yoga and reading a novel each week to marginally improve the quality of your life. The Clog wishes you all the best in fulfilling your resolutions this year, no matter what they might be!

Contact Hannah Nguyen at [email protected].