2 residential burglaries reported within 1 week, according to alert

An aerial map
Google/Courtesy

Two residential burglaries were reported within one week, according to a Nixle alert sent out by Berkeley Police Department on Tuesday.

On Jan. 18, officers responded to a report of an in-progress burglary at a residence on the 2000 block of Bancroft Way at 9:56 p.m. According to the alert, the caller informed officers of the suspects by watching a live video surveillance feed. The officers stopped the suspects as they reversed out of the driveway. When the vehicle was searched, officers found several stolen items.

According to the alert, the suspects were identified as homeless 33-year-old Johnny Wolchow and 37-year-old Noelle Janine from San Francisco. Both suspects were arrested on the suspicion of burglary and possession of stolen property. Wolchow was also arrested for violating parole and probation.

On Jan. 23, a resident called BPD because he believed that somebody was inside of his apartment. About 6:05 p.m., he entered his apartment on the 2100 block of Channing Way to discover that the security chain was latched from the inside and the lights were on. According to the alert, officers entered the apartment to find a male suspect staying inside. The suspect, identified as homeless 23-year-old Marquis Okoronkwo, burglarized other apartments as well and was arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of stolen property and violation of probation.

Sabrina Dong is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @Sabrina_Dong_.

A previous version of this article misspelled Johnny Wolchow’s first name