BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 26, 2022

Hot prowl burglary reported in University Village, Albany

ANDREW KUO | SENIOR STAFF

Most of the complaints regarding quality of care and education are from student-parents living at the University Village housing complex.

FEBRUARY 03, 2019

UCPD received a report Sunday of a hot prowl burglary that occurred between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. the next morning at University Village, Albany, according to a community alert.

A hot prowl burglary is a burglary in which a person enters or attempts to enter a home while somebody is there, according to the alert. The alert cited that this type of burglary is especially dangerous because of the possibility of confrontation between the subject and the victim.

According to the alert, a suspect entered an apartment through an unlocked window on the ground floor and stole two cell phones while the residents were sleeping. The residents were not physically harmed, and the suspect remains unknown as of press time.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the UCPD Criminal Investigations Bureau by calling 510-642-0472 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or 510-642-6760 at all other times.

Contact Sabrina Dong at  or on Twitter

FEBRUARY 04, 2019