Sexual battery reported on UC Berkeley campus near Mulford Hall

Daniel Kim/File

UCPD responded to a report of sexual battery on the UC Berkeley campus Sunday afternoon.

About 3:30 p.m. Sunday, a female was walking on Hilgard Way when she felt a tug on her coat and a “full hand grab of her right buttock,” the alert said. The survivor said the grab was done over the top of her clothing and alleged that the suspect moved her coat out of the way in order to do so.

The survivor continued walking on Hilgard Way before turning around to look for the suspect, according to the alert. When she looked back, she saw the suspect walking behind her, about an arm’s length away. Afraid to confront the suspect, the survivor continued walking to her destination at Dwinelle Hall, where she met up with people she knew, the alert said. At that point, the suspect was no longer behind her.

The survivor proceeded to walk to a local hotel and notified UCPD about 4:20 p.m. after discussing the incident there. She did not suffer any physical injuries and is not affiliated with the campus, according to the alert.

Authorities searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact UCPD during business hours at 510-642-0472.

Check back for updates.

Amber Tang is the university news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ambertang_dc.